Fishball is one of the top and best street foods in the Philippines. Fishballs are staple of Chinese cooking and used in a wide array of dishes. Other than in the Philippines, fishballs are also hugely popular in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and China. It is made of fish meat with chopped vegetables, spices, beaten eggs and cornstarch.
It is very popular street food snack that is best served with a sweet and spicy sauce or with a thick black sweet and sour sauce. Fishball is primarily made of fish meat mixed with chopped vegetables, spices, beaten eggs and cornstarch. It can be buy mostly in supermarket other in groceries, pack with ready to fry fishball and eating fishball will not be complete without the sauce.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- ¼ kilo of fishballs
- ketchup to color
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ knorr pork cube
- ¾ cup brown sugar or white sugar
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped or minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
M E T H O D
- In a saucepan combine all fishball sauce ingredients, mix well until free of lumps.
- Place in stove top then cook by gently simmering in medium low heat until sauce thickens
- Deep fry fishballs according to your liking