Ever wonder why recently more and more people started to drink lemon water and have them part of their diet? No doubt lemon water(or lemonade) is refreshing drink, but few might know that healthy Lemon water contains nourishing nutrients like vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, fiber, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron. It also have several health benefits associated with it.
Lemon juice on its own is very acidic and drinking it pure can harm the enamel of your teeth, so it’s best to dilute it with water according to your liking. Drink it first thing in the morning and wait about 15 to 30 minutes before having breakfast. It’s good to drink in the morning as our body can best absorb those essential nutrients on an empty stomach.
Here are the top reasons why healthy lemon water seems to be one of the most beneficial drinks in terms of health.
- Helps in Digestion. The vitamins and minerals content in lemon can get rid of problems related to indigestion and constipation. Also drinking first thing in the morning can re-hydrate the body.
- A Natural Flush. Lemons are a natural diuretic since it is an increasing a passing urine it will help to flush out unwanted toxins from the body. Also because lemons maximize enzyme function it can gives the livers function a boost.
- An Immune System Boost. Lemons are packed with vitamin C so it can provide a little immune system boost.
- Healthy Skin. The antioxidants components in lemon helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes which good for a healthy glowing complexion.
- Promotes Weight Loss. Lemon contain pectin fiber which suppresses appetite and may aid in weight loss.
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to provide medical advice or diagnosis or treatment. It is better to seek medical advice from a health professional.