Pastillas is a sweet and sugary dessert that is made from a mixture of milk and sugar. It is popular and loved by kids in the Philippines. One of the good things about this Filipino dessert is that, it doesn’t require any cooking to make. All you have to do is mix the ingredients together and tadaa, you have a sweet delicious candy that you can have for dessert in no time!
If you want to know how to make pastillas, just see the instructions below.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 cups powdered milk, sifted
- 1 can condensed milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar, sifted
M E T H O D
- Place the condensed milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually fold-in the powdered milk. The texture of the mixture will be similar to dough once all the powdered milk is completely added.
- Scoop some of the mixture and mold into sphere or can be in cylindrical.
- Roll each molded sphere or cylindrical mixture on granulated sugar.
- Wrap in paper or cellophane.
- Serve for dessert. Share and enjoy!
They say that in order to have the best tasting Pastillas, one must use the Carabao’s milk. But Carabaos milk is hard to find, especially if you live in the City. But don’t worry you can always buy Pastillas from Bus Stations or some street vendors, just look for those made in San Miguel, Bulacan or Laguna.